Manchester United midfielder Donny van de Beek had a good performance for Eintracht Frankfurt during their 1-1 draw against Bochum in the Bundesliga.
The 26-year-old barely impressed during his first three appearances for the German outfit, but he had a much improved showing against Bochum earlier today.
Van de Beek came on as a 21st minute substitute for the injured Hugo Larsson. He played for over an hour before he was replaced by manager Dino Toppmoller.
The midfielder will be disappointed to have not completed the game, but there were plenty of positives from his performance compared to his last three outings.
The former Ajax man won 100 per cent of his aerial duels (2/2) and was successful with his three tackles. He also made two interceptions and delivered one cross.
Van de Beek also completed 15 out of his 18 passes. There is still room for improvement but he appears to be finding his feet after a difficult start in Bundesliga.
The midfielder recently suffered huge disappointment after he was left out of the club’s Europa Conference League squad, but he has responded well.
United will be hoping that Van de Beek will become a key player for Eintracht by the end of the season such that they trigger the £9.55 million buy-out clause.
The Red Devils need plenty of player sales this summer to free up funds. Van de Beek’s exit would be helpful for the club as they attempt to balance their books.
The hierarchy will be hoping that the likes of Hannibal Mejbri and Alvaro Fernandez also make permanent moves to Sevilla and Benfica after their respective loan deals.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & WhoScored.com
- Man Utd really like Juventus star Gleison Bremer, will cost at least €70m
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe finally completes purchase of minority stake in Manchester United
- Man Utd star Casemiro open to Saudi Arabia move, interest remains valid
- Man Utd pressing to sign Gleison Bremer, strongly targeting summer deal
- Chelsea beat Manchester United to the signing of Sam Jewell
- Man United spending power to be limited this summer amid PSR concerns
- Wan-Bissaka out for two to four weeks with fresh injury but Mount close to availability
- Manchester United could rival Liverpool for Crystal Palace centre-back Marc Guehi if Dan Ashworth can be appointed in time
- Manchester United table offer for Paris Saint-Germain star Kylian Mbappe
- Manchester United won’t pay £20m for Newcastle director Dan Ashworth