Manchester United star Marcus Rashford has heaped praise on academy graduate Mason Greenwood by stating that the teenager has the potential to become a world-class forward.
The youngster has enjoyed a terrific breakthrough season with United this term and he has managed to contribute 12 goals and one assist despite featuring off the bench on most occasions.
As a result, there are already high expectations from the Bradford-born player but manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has sought to limit his appearances in order to prevent him from burning out.
Speaking to Bleacher Report through Instagram Live, Rashford was appreciative of Greenwood’s natural ability as a forward and believes the youngster has the potential to become a key player for the club.
“Mason Greenwood’s potential rating out of ten? 10/10. As a forward, there’s not much else you can ask for in natural ability,” he told B/R as relayed by Metro.
Greenwood has made 22 appearances in the Premier League this season but only four of those have come from the starting lineup. Elsewhere, he has completed the entire 90 minutes on just one occasion in the top-flight and that has frustrated a section of the fans.
Still, Solskjaer does not want to place any unnecessary pressure on Greenwood at the early phase of his professional career and the supporters should see more of the forward during the 2020/21 campaign, having gained valuable first-team experience.
Greenwood has regularly played on the right side of the attack for United this term but he should get more opportunities in his preferred number 9 role, provided he continues his development in the right direction.
- Newcastle 1-0 Manchester United: Player ratings as awful displays from Rashford and Martial put pressure on Ten Hag
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Newcastle, 4 changes
- ‘He has to play’: Erik ten Hag confirms Man Utd midfielder could leave in January
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Newcastle, Mainoo returns
- Serhou Guirassy flattered by Man Utd interest
- Erik ten Hag confirms Mason Mount will return to training today
- Stats show the real culprits in Manchester United’s dismal performances this season
- Man Utd very interested in signing Antonio Silva, attentive to his performances
- Man Utd showing interest in signing Serhou Guirassy
- Man Utd in very advanced talks to sign Genoa star Radu Dragusin